What is Local Search Engine Optimization & Why is it Important?
Local SEO is “a highly effective form of local online marketing which allows local businesses to promote their services to local customers at exactly the time they’re looking for your type of business”(BrightLocal). When it comes to marketing you want your business or website to be in the “big 3” when people Google, Bing, or search for your business locally. Whether you are plumbing company, an independent contractor, or simply want to showcase your business, you rely on search engines to provide your business with customers and to give you answers when you need them.
According to Go-Globe in May of 2016:
- The Google Local 3-Pack appears in the top spot for 93% of local searches
- 60% of consumers who performed a local search on their smartphones visited a store within a day
- 1 of 3 smartphone searches were made right before a store visit
- 18% of local mobile searches lead to a sale within one day
- 50% of local mobile searchers are looking for local business information, like a business’ address
- 71% of people surveyed say they look up and confirm the physical location of a business before going to it for the first time
- 46% of searches on Google are local
- 86% look up the location of a local business on Google Maps
- 76% of local searches result in a phone call
Through Local SEO we are aimed at helping your local business or website appear higher in search results when a potential customer searches for a business or business type. Although we cannot guarantee a #1 ranking for Google, we will try our hardest to move your site up in search results for all search engines. But you are probably wondering how we would do this?
Our Strategy for Implementing Local SEO
We will be completely honest with you. We are still building a full SEO strategy but have the basics and the determination to learn more to promote your site to its fullest potential. Right now we are conducting a free Local Search Engine Optimization program when we redesign your site or help build you a new one and opt in for Understanding Your Website Through Google Analytics (just mention this when you get in contact). If you’re interested in our site customization options we have a full article talking about the importance of having a fully customizable site. In addition, we also create fully responsive sites for our clients to make sure they have a fully functioning site on any device.
When building out these different strategies we will be working with different tools to help make sure your site is optimized for search engines by first explaining how search engines work (article coming soon) and then implementing the tools provided by Google help these engines understand your site. These things include optimizing Google Search Console, implementing Schema Markup on each of your pages, modifying your contact in consistent format on different sites, create an easy process for your business to generate reviews, and build a web presence that stretches through different social media outlets.
Some Myths about Search Engine Optimization
But before we start, it is wise to know some of the myths that circulate n the world of Search Engine Optimization. There are many large myths out there which people have taken advantage of to swindle people out of their hard earned money. As a result, we have listed some of the biggest myths in the Search Engine World below to help dispel those fears.
- If you buy ads, you will rank higher on Google.
- If you don’t buy ads, you will rank higher on Google.
- Google makes it changes to try to have people buy ads.
- Using an automated software package for SEO works
The Truth About SEO
- These are completely false. In an video published by Google Webmasters, which states that “we (Google) want(s) to return really good search results to users, so they are happy so that they keep coming back. Happy users are loyal users.” and that “a lot of these tools (ones which promote SEO automatically) have the potential to dig yourself into a hole”
To Avoid These Myths We Have to Remember
Keeping this Mental Model and Aligning Your Goals
After achieving our SEO strategy with your site or business, we will work together to help you build parts of your site with a value proposition that sets you apart from your competitors while including relevant keywords in your copy. We will then show you how to be smart about your tags and site architecture while maintaining your Webmaster Tools. Then once we are finished we will help you to create buzz about your site through natural links, votes, and follows by creating a plan to create fresh and relevant content for your site in the future.